That's right! It's back. It's time for the 2019 MAGSR Calendar Contest.
It's your chance to make your favorite dog famous!
Photo Submission Period: July 9 - August 4, 2018
Photo Submission Fee is $5 per photo, payments can be made by PayPal below OR mail a check payable to MAGSR to: PO Box 353 Mt. Airy, MD 21771 (memo should read "calendar photo submission")
Photo Submission Fee is waived for currently adoptable MAGSR dogs
Email photos to Calendar@MAGSR.org and include the following in the email:
Name of the dog(s) in the photo
Short (1-3 line) caption about the photo
IMPORTANT: Please review photo guidelines below
In memory of the dogs who have crossed the bridge this year, MAGSR has decided to add a MAGSR memorial page to the calendar. If you lost your MAGSR dog in 2018 (or late 2017) and would like him or her included on our Memorial Page, please send your dog's name and photograph along with a $3 donation. Photo and fee submission follows the same guidelines as the calendar photo submissions (here). Memorial photos can be submitted any time until voting closes.
Here are the candidates, so far (see below)
Voting will be August 5 - 31. Come back to vote then!
- $5 = 5 votes, $10 = 12 votes, $20 = 25 votes
- Votes will be tallied and updated regularly
- The top 12 pictures will each get their full size picture on a calendar month of the year.
- Based on vote totals, we will allow up to 1/2 of the photo winners to be pictures that do NOT contain MAGSR dogs. So even though we will accept an unlimited amount of Non-MAGSR dog photo submissions, we will only have 6 spots in our calendar for these... after all, it is the MAGSR calendar! ;-) .
You may pay for all your photo submissions in the same transaction below.
********* IMPORTANT *********
In the box below, include the name(s) of the dog(s) you are submitting and a short (1-3 line) caption about each photo. For Memorial photos, include the name(s) of the dog(s) you are submitting and a short (1-3 line) caption about each photo.
(Please erase the sample text in the box below before typing in your information!).
You will not be able to make changes to the amounts or message in PayPal, so make sure you update the message box above and enter the correct selections before clicking the PayPal button above.
Photo Rules and Guidelines:
- Photos should be clear, not blurry, crisp, sharp and in focus.
- We will not be accepting any photos containing inappropriate objects such as beer cans or an image that could be interpreted as being an advertisement of a product.
- Please, no people in the photos
- All pictures must be submitted in electronic format.
- Due to decreased image quality as pictures are enlarged there will be a minimum size for the pictures.
- Photos should not be edited with graphical frames/designs/icons/collages.
- Memorial Photos can be for dogs lost in 2018 and those lost late in 2017 that were not included in the 2018 calendar.
Photos must be at least 1650 x 1275 at 300 dpi. The preferred size is as large as possible. Photos taken with a cell phone's camera will not be allowed. (They do not produce the size or clarity needed.)
All pictures submitted become property of MAGSR. MAGSR reserves the right to edit the pictures as it sees fit. MAGSR also reserves the right to use the pictures on the website as well as following contests and promotions. All proceeds from the calendar contest go directly to MAGSR and the submitter of the picture has no legal rights or claim to this sum. Entry fees and voting fees may be tax deductible.