The average vet fees, including heartworm and flea/tick prevention, amount to approximately $179. If we have to kennel the dog for a month, that's another $405. Less the average adoption fee of $279 leaves MAGSR in the hole over $300 for every dog. This doesn't even take into account the dogs that come to us needing spay/neuter surgeries, or with health problems, or the dogs we don't place right away.
How can you help? Two ways:
First, open your heart and your home to a foster dog. We'll work closely with you to find the right dog for your specific situation (existing dog, cat, small children). Every dog in Foster saves the Rescue $400 each month.
- Second, if you can't foster a dog, please sponsor one. We have several plans to choose from:
Or Make a One-Time Donation:
Or you can give by mail, just click here for the form.
Thank you for your special gifts of financial support!
You can specify a couple of key funds if you like.
MAGSR's CFC number is 99138
MAGSR's Maryland Charities number is 52-2191320
Please select MAGSR as your designated charity
- Tell your friends, family, and friends about MAGSR and our website MAGSR.org (how easy is that?)
- Buy anything for your own pets through our special Amazon link (so MAGSR receives an average 5% commission on your order).
- Donate first class postage stamps.
- Donate a used crate or portable kennel (any style).
- Donate a bag of dry dog food.
- Donate a package of Heartworm preventative
- Donate Frontline Plus or Advantix II flea/tick applications.
- Donate a Large sized dog bed that your dog doesn't use anymore - if he ever used it!
- Donate leashes and collars - new or used.
- Donate a box of dog treats.
- Donate towels for bathing our kennel dogs.
- Donate blankets for our foster dogs.
- Donate advertising for the rescue, especially in local papers.
- Sponsor us to help us with events, such as supplying the Port-a-Pot on Adoption Day.
- Donate time to make a few reference phone calls.
- Conduct a home visit for us.
- Transport a dog.
- Groom a dog.
- Donate your time to organize an event.
- Have a yard sale or bake sale and donate the proceeds to the rescue.
- Talk to all of your friends about adopting or fostering one of our dogs.
- Donate food and water bowls.
- Pay for housecleaning services for a person who fosters all the time.
- Lend your artistic talents to help design new logos for the rescue.
- Solicit local businesses for their support and donations to the rescue.
- Donate a gift certificate for use in fund raisers like raffles.
- Write letters to solicit support for the rescue.
- Hold a car wash and donate the proceeds to the rescue.
- Donate for training services for rescue dogs.
- Donate time to spend time with and train kennel dogs in your spare time.
- Donate grooming supplies.
- Donate a grooming session at a local groomer's.
- Donate veterinarian services.
- Donate a baby gate.
- Sponsor a dog.
- Walk dogs who are stuck in the kennel and at the vet's waiting for a foster.
- Donate some dog toys - new or used.
- Volunteer for anything that you can give.
Thank you all for all your wonderful support. Remember, everything you do gives one more chance to one more dog.