Thank you to all our friends that make it possible for us to help these wonderful dogs. Without your support, it would be impossible for us to keep these dogs healthy and find loving homes for them all!
MAGSR prides itself on being able to help the neediest of dogs who are often times overlooked by other rescues and shelter adopters who simply cannot afford the extra costs needed for the dog's care. Because of our dedicated donors and staff of volunteers we never turn away a dog for medical reasons. These accomplishments are thanks to...
A special thank you goes out to "Chomper's Family" for their beyond generous donation. We thank them from the bottom of our hearts and promise to continue the fight to rescue as many dogs as possible. With support like theirs we are sure to succeed for MANY dogs!
How I long
to hold you again.
My arms ache
to feel the weight of your head
as you rest in my embrace.
My hands long
to stroke your shiny hair.
My legs are chilled
without your soft warmth
snuggled between them.
My face is parched
without your wet kisses.
Memories of you haunt me
day in, day out.
Your scent lingers
in all your favorite places.
I walk the trails of our forest,
where we used to go, and see
glimpses of you around every turn.
You were utterly dependent
on my love.
When I came to you,
you would perk up and
dance with joy.
The joy and delight
you held in me has
Your sweet brown eyes
penetrated my soul.
You saw to the dark,
depths of me, yet
loved me still.
In my life,
I will have many more
loves like you.
will ever take your place.
I miss you,
old boy.- Chomper's Family
Our "Platinum Leash" Supporters
Those generous supporters who have given the rescue the foundation it greatly needs to continue with our work. Without these supporters, the rescue would be hard-pressed to make it through the "lean" months when adoptions are slow and intake is high. They have helped us help the most “needy” dogs by allowing us the financial stability we need to provide costly veterinarian services to treat conditions in our dogs such as cancer, hip dysplasia, and gunshot wounds.
- Kenneth Pomerantz (2015, 2016)
- Harold Beber (2015, 2016)
- John C. Axel (2015)
- Gary Zipper (2015, 2016)
- Lisa Fitzpatrick (2015, 2016)
- The Petco Foundation (2016)
- Reisterstown Boarding Kennel (2016)
- Gabrielle D. Golec (2016)
Our "Gold Leash" Supporters
Those generous supporters who believe in our work and trust in the rescue enough to give more than we could ever expect. They always seem to do so in those times when we wonder how we are going to make it keep working for our dogs.
- Philippia Pullen (2015)
- Suzanne Downs (2015, 2016)
- Suzanne Underwald (2016)
Our "Silver Leash" Supporters
Those extra caring donors who give above and beyond. These donors usually have been touched in one way or another by one or many of our dogs, our volunteers, or our stories - or they simply appreciate the rescue's dedication.
- Bennett C Abrams (2015)
- Anastasiya 's Lent Box Project (2015)
- David & Ruth Horak (2015)
- John & Ellen Nagengast (2015)
- Nancy Hammer (2015)
- Roy P. Sachs (2015, 2016)
- Suzanne Underwald (2015)
- Aleen Moore (2015, 2016)
- Kelly Bass (2015)
- Kevin J. Riley (2015)
- Sean & Romina Roddy (2015)
- James R. & Nancy O. Morris Foundation (2015, 2016)
Elizabeth Yaeger (2016)
Jack Riley (2016)
Patrick Kurpius (2016)
Robert Pribyl (2016)
Joseph W. Kaempfer, Jr. (2016)
Our "Bronze Leash" Supporters
Those generous, constant and faithful supporters throughout the entire calendar year.
- Suzanne Downs (2015, 2016)
- Gertrude Cannady (2015, 2016)
- Julie Zrubek (2015, 2016)
- Paul & Pamela Bowling (2016)
Susan Jane Evers (2015, 2016)
Suzanne Palmer (2015, 2016)
Richard Orndorff (2016)
Our Veterinary Friends
- Marriottsville Animal Hospital - 2020 Marriottsville Road, Suite A, Marriottsville, MD 21104 – 410-480-2222
- Country Veterinary Hospital - 17591 Frederick Road • Mt Airy, MD 21771 - 301-829-0414
- Paradise Animal Hospital - 6350 Fredrick Road, Catonsville, MD 21128 - 410-744-4224
- Bayside Animal Hospital – 844 Ritchie Highway, Suite 102, Severna Park, MD 21146 – 410-544-4423
- Caring Hands Animal Hospital – 8100 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA 22042 – 703-942-8800
- Main Street Veterinary Hospital – 11617 Reisterstown Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136 – 410-526-7500
- Bennett Creek Animal Hospital – 22416 N. Frederick Road, Clarksburg, MD 20871 – 301-515-8800
- Muddy Creek Animal Hospital - 5558 Muddy Creek Road, West River,MD 20778 - 410-867-0770
- Olney Sandy Spring Veterinary Hospital - 1300 Olney Sandy Spring Road, Sandy Spring, MD 20860 - 301-774-9500
- Paws Animal Hospital - 1055 Baltimore Street #1 Hanover, Pa. 17331 - 717-633-7297
- Mt Carmel Animal Hospital - 16904 York Rd, Monkton, MD 21111 - 410-343-0200
- Waugh Chapel Animal Hospital - 2638 Brandermill Blvd, Gambrills, MD 21054 - 410-451-3700
- Westminster Veterinary Hospital - 269 W. Main Street, Westminster, MD 21157 - 410-848-3363
- Lake Shore Pet Hospital – 4193 Mountain Road, Pasadena, MD 21122 – 410-317-2028 - Click here for more info about the hospital.
- HOPE Advanced Veterinary Care – 1 Taft Court, Rockville, MD 20850 – 301-637-3228
- Mid-Atlantic Animal Specialty Hospital (MASH) - 4135 Old Town Road, Suite B, Huntingtown, MD 20639 - 410-414-8250
- Chesapeake Veterinary Referral Center (CVRC) - 808 Bestgate Rd, Annapolis, MD 21401 - 410-224-0121
- Chesapeake Veterinary Surgical Specialists (CVSS) – 808 Bestgate Rd, Annapolis, MD 21401 - 410-224-0121
Our Kennel Friends
- Dogwood Pet Lodge - 8824 Dogwood Rd, Windsor Mill, MD 21244 - 410-265-5807
- Timber Ridge Pet Resort - 17110 Ridge Road, Upperco, MD 21155 – 410-239-6225
Sloppy Kisses to
Our supporters, volunteers, sponsors, fosters, adopters and just plain well-wishers for all their care and support for our wonderful dogs!
And of course...
- Our fellow rescue groups across the country who are working to save our beloved breed and other deserving animals. Our donors and repeat donors . . . we wouldn't be here without your support. Our sponsors who sometimes sponsor one dog for one month but often who sponsor one or multiple dogs for many months. The shelters who trust us with their dogs and work with us to save as many as possible. Our foster families who invest so much financially and emotionally and still have the heart to let the dog go to a new home - each time. Our adopters who care enough to give a "throw away" a chance and upon learning the value of that dog usually come back for a second, third, fourth . . .
- Our volunteers who give endless time, energy, and devotion to these wonderful animals who ALL eventually find their forever homes...thanks in the biggest way to them!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to become a “leash supporter” today!