The health of our pets is our primary responsibility. Here are some links to help you hold up your end of the deal.
- American Animal Hospital Association - Over 3,000 veterinary hospitals voluntarily participate in the AAHA hospital evaluation program. Trained consultants regularly visit these hospitals to ensure compliance with AAHA's standards for services and facilities. Individual veterinarians can also be members of AAHA.
- Animal Poison Control | (888) 426-4435 | ASPCA
- How to spot signs of poisoning - what items in the home and garden can be poisonous and what the symptoms of poisoning owners should look out for.
- Blind Dog Information
- Bloat - Information on this quick killer
- Canine Health Foundation - helping dogs live happier, healthier lives.
- Dog Owners Guide
- Gastro-intestinal Disorders in GSDs
- Information on Heartworm
- Hip Dysplasia - Information on this common joint problem in dogs
- K9 Carts - The Pet Mobility Experts
- Chesapeake Veterinary Referral Center
- Canine Fitness Center - Crownsville, MD
- Veterinary Information For Dog Owners
- University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine
- Net Vet Veterinary Resources
- Emergency Dog Links
- Bonnie's K9 Swim Center - New York, NY
- Handiramp - A distributor of ASPCA approved pet ramps - The First Name in Accessibility Since 1958 510 North Avenue, Libertyville Illinois 60048 Phone 847-680-7000, 800-876-RAMP, Fax 847-816-8866
- Kuranda Beds - Quality elevated dog beds - great for arthritic and aching dogs or just for pampering your pet!!
- Lumbosacral Stenosis - often misdiagnosed as hip displaysia
- Smart Vacuums - how to remove pet hair from your home
Pet health care tips - Sites with suggestions on how to deal with a sick dog
- Effective Home Remedies for Vomiting Dogs
- How to Move Your Pet to a New Home
- What To Feed A Sick Dog So They'll Feel Better - How To Help Your Dog's Tummy Ache
Pet Insurance and Financial Assistance - Pet care can get expensive. Here are some resources that might make it more affordable:
Vetary recognizes that pet care can be a costly affair to most households and that is why it offers simplified financing/credit for pet care. It has a simple online application process that ensures an instant decision with a flexible repayment plan.
Nationwide Pet Insurance - This is the insurance that MAGSR uses.
During medical emergencies and times of need, some owners may not have the financial means to cover the high cost of emergency vet bills. To ensure every pet gets the help they need, here's a a state by state guide that provides a list of the resources and organizations in each state that are offering financial assistance for pet owners in need.