The single biggest way you can help a MAGSR dog
Adopting is a lifelong commitment that can change the life of a MAGSR dog. It will change your life too. If you are ready to add a new family member and do all that it take to provide a safe, loiving home to a dog in need, fill out an adoption application now.
For every dog we bring into the rescue, even after the adoption fee, we spend more than $300!
The average vet fees, including heartworm and flea/tick prevention, amount to approximately $145. If we have to kennel the dog for a month, that's another $600. Less the average adoption fee of $335 leaves MAGSR in the hole over $300 for every dog. This doesn't even take into account the dogs that come to us needing spay/neuter surgeries, or with health problems, or the dogs we don't place right away.
How can you help? Two ways:
First, open your heart and your home to a foster dog. We'll work closely with you to find the right dog for your specific situation (existing dog, cat, small children). Every dog in Foster saves the Rescue $600 each month.
- Second, if you can't foster a dog, please sponsor one. We have several plans to choose from.
Or you can give by mail, just click here for the form. Thank you for your special gifts of financial support!
You can specify a couple of key funds if you like.
MAGSR's CFC number is 99138
MAGSR's Maryland Charities number is 52-2191320
Please select MAGSR as your designated charity
In addition, here are just some of the things you could do to help:
- Tell your friends, family, and friends about MAGSR and our website MAGSR.org (how easy is that?)
- Buy anything for your own pets through our special Amazon link (so MAGSR receives an average 5% commission on your order).
- Donate first class postage stamps.
- Donate a used crate or portable kennel (any style).
- Donate a bag of dry dog food.
- Donate a package of Heartworm preventative
- Donate Frontline Plus or Advantix II flea/tick applications.
- Donate a Large sized dog bed that your dog doesn't use anymore - if he ever used it!
- Donate leashes and collars - new or used.
- Donate a box of dog treats.
- Donate towels for bathing our kennel dogs.
- Donate blankets for our foster dogs.
- Donate advertising for the rescue, especially in local papers.
- Sponsor us to help us with events, such as supplying the Port-a-Pot on Adoption Day.
- Donate time to make a few reference phone calls.
- Conduct a home visit for us.
- Transport a dog.
- Groom a dog.
- Donate your time to organize an event.
- Have a yard sale or bake sale and donate the proceeds to the rescue.
- Talk to all of your friends about adopting or fostering one of our dogs.
- Donate food and water bowls.
- Pay for housecleaning services for a person who fosters all the time.
- Lend your artistic talents to help design new logos for the rescue.
- Solicit local businesses for their support and donations to the rescue.
- Donate a gift certificate for use in fund raisers like raffles.
- Write letters to solicit support for the rescue.
- Hold a car wash and donate the proceeds to the rescue.
- Donate for training services for rescue dogs.
- Donate time to spend time with and train kennel dogs in your spare time.
- Donate grooming supplies.
- Donate a grooming session at a local groomer's.
- Donate veterinarian services.
- Donate a baby gate.
- Sponsor a dog.
- Walk dogs who are stuck in the kennel and at the vet's waiting for a foster.
- Donate some dog toys - new or used.
- Volunteer for anything that you can give.
Thank you all for all your wonderful support. Remember, everything you do gives one more chance to one more dog.